In my personal devo time with God, I have been looking at 1 Kings 3. Of all the thing King Solomon could have asked God for, He chose wisdom over fame, money, and long life. As a result God blessed him with all three. Here are some thoughts about being a wise husband, father, and leader:
1. Wisdom tells me that God should be the highest priority in my life. Prov. 1:7
2. Wisdom tells me that I need to trust in the Lord no matter what comes. Prov 3:5-6
3. Wisdom tells me that generosity pleases God. Prov. 3:9-10
4. Wisdom tells me that I should guard the purity and integrity of my heart. Prov. 4:23
5. Wisdom tells me that I should be faithful to my wife and family. Prov. 5
6. Wisdom tells me that I should be cautious with my words. Prov. 10:19-22
7. Wisdom tells me that I should be teachable and willing to grow. Prov. 12:1
“God we are asking, seeking, and knocking for you to open this door for Elevate Church.”
“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” Luke 11:9
Here’s the best of this past weekend:
1. Great Saturday with friends at the Upward Basketball game. Audrey was fun.
2. Awesome service Sunday morning at Elevate. The drama team was funny!
3. Great video testimony from Monica and Ramey. Your lives are touching others.
4. The prayer time at 9:25 on Sundays has increased the spiritual temperature at Elevate. God wants us to become thermostats instead of thermometers. One sets the temp and other only records it.
5. Great time with friends from Tyler on Sunday afternoon. Nancy, you spoiled us. Love you both.
6. Thanks to our great extended staff for striving for excellence at Elevate. We want to go from good to great.
7. God continues to make me even more aware of my dependence on Him at every moment.